Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Touch of Inspiration!


 

Oh what the heck, yesterday was International Happiness Day and a great day to be happy and think about inspiration.  I can finally feel spring in the air and love the many social media reminders that spring has arrived.  Our pup and I even looked for the sign of flowers poking their heads out of the ground today here in Cleveland, Ohio. 

What does inspiration mean to you?  Being creative, helping others, reading your favorite book or Bible verse, a walk in the woods, picking flowers from your garden, watching your child take their first step or watching the sunset over the ocean.  These of course are all of our favorites and more.  Without inspiration, life would certainly be dull.  Thoughts of inspiration should be as important to us as what we are going to wear each day.

In an article entitled “Why Inspiration Matters” by Scott Barry Kaufman he writes that inspiration is evoked spontaneously and without intention by something.”  Imagine inspiration as oxygen that we consciously (or unconsciously) breathe in. Whether we are breathing in an idea, vision or thought, inspiration changes something within us for the better.

My recent inspiration came from a book called, “You are the Placebo,” by Dr. Joe Dispenza which was shared with me by an incredible healer here in Aurora by the name of Michael Ramsey.  Being diagnosed with cancer over seven years ago has brought me many new discoveries.  In my opinion, the mind and body are the most powerful tools we process in life.  Cancer does not scare me anymore and this book is another guide that I am using to restore facial nerve damage done to the left side of my face during surgery.  My facial nerve paralysis has been quite a challenge and the conventional medical system has told me that I would not fully recovery.  As I have restored my body to balance from cancer, I will restore my face to balance so that I too can smile again from ear to ear.  You see this is my inspiration and knowing that I can do it will help me achieve it.   

Let your seeds of inspiration blossom!  Feed your curiosity with an energetic lift and think outside of the box and making creative exploration your M.O.  Don’t ever stop believing that you can’t achieve your greatest dreams.  Inspire yourself and others, including children, to go after what inspires you and never stop believing in yourself!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/you-are-the-placebo-joe-dispenza-dr/1115629443?ean=9781401944582

 

No comments:

Post a Comment