Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Became My Own Client!


September 30, 2013 will be 5 years since diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in my parotid gland.   I started down the conventional path with my healing journey and scheduled surgery two weeks later.  After 5.5 hours in surgery, twice as long as expected, the surgeon said that the growth was a rare form of cancer, my parotid gland and 7 lymph nodes were removed and my facial nerve had been severed in three places and repaired in two.  It was thought earlier that the nerve would not need to be cut.  Talk about fear, this was it!  My family was also told that while they believed they got 99% of the disease, radiation was still recommended.

After several months of my own research, I said no to radiation and began my natural healing journey.  Knowing that getting to the root cause of this issue was the most important thing for me and a Naturopath/Herbalist assisted me in my healing.  Eating only fresh organic fruits and vegetables for 60 days, taking a boat load of Standard Process Food Supplements, drinking herbal tonics daily brought my body back into balance.  My Vita Mix became my best friend and shopping was done primarily at Mustard Seed Market & Café, a local, all-organic grocery store.  In addition, I worked with an Acupuncturist in the healing of my facial nerve and began a program to heal lifelong emotional distress. 

The research and discovery on my journey has been incredible and new healing modalities crop up every day.  I make it a point to read a lot and to share with others.  My 5 year journey has not come without some pain from my facial nerve injury.  This was more work that anyone could imagine, but thanks to my current healers, we are just about there and it’s a wonderful feeling to sleep without pain. 

This experience taught me many valuable life lessons and most importantly, I became my own client.  With any illness, empower yourself to wellness and do your own research.  It’s your body, it's your life.  Make sure that what you are being told is the best option for you; get a second and third opinion if necessary.  Our bodies are so strong that if you give it the correct tools like good certified organic, non-GMO foods that are nutritious and healing to your body, you can recover from just about anything, in my opinion.  Find an experienced guide to help you and believe in your mind that you can do it.   I am so very grateful to God, all of my healers, family, friends and clients for helping me and for their loving support.  And especially to my husband for allowing me to make my own decisions on my path!

Namaste, Dena





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment